Everyone has their own problems sticking to a diet. When I asked what some of those obstacles were, here are some of the more common answers I got:
* Resisting foods that simply taste great in my mouth lol. i.e. chips…. (are a big guilty pleasure for me)
* I think I only overcome that when I really choose to though… I usually give in when I feel like I haven’t eaten them for ages, and that’s when I truly INDULGE (in every sense of the word).
* But overall, I think I’ve overcome it. A tip is to just stay clear of those foods altogether, and have the willpower to resist walking over and buying/taking the specific food out of the cupboard.
* My biggest obstacle was eating properly.
* Motivation!!! you really gotta be motivated, try friends to exercise with.
*My biggest obstacle is always sweets. I love them, especially chocolate. They way I get around it is by still allowing myself a little treat. I usually will try things that are sugar free or much smaller so I don’t consume too many calories. I have found if I try to take it away I end up going crazy and eating a bunch.
*Soda and snacks. I have now overcome the soda but the chocolate and the chips i still crave very much. I guess its Mind over matter if you want to gain control!! Food can be an addiction!! WILL POWER!!
*Staying the course even when there is no visible progress.
* And the fact that healthy and weight are always thrown together like one determines the other. I think that is my biggest challenge. Does weight determine health? Is this answer a fat girl passive aggressive answer or is there some truth to it.
* I don’t like to struggle in life and I don’t think being healthy is a hard thing. I do think struggling to be a “target weight’ set on some random chart should be the driving factor to keep people buying is immoral.
* Chocolate. I can’t have it in my house. Everything else I’m o.k. going without but chocolate is my obsession. As long as I don’t see it, I will not think about it.
I can really relate to a lot of these!
Here are some links to more information: